Saturday, February 5, 2011

Dinner Picnic


One of the biggest appreciations brought back with me from Jordan was for food, Arabic and Mediterranean-style food. Mostly just anything that I can drown in yogurt I love. Many of the meals I ate were very communal and there was a ceremony about it. It is a time for family, friends, room mates, and even stranger to sit down and enjoy one another. Usually that means not a lot of talking but my roomie and I had some lovely conversations. She is such a good sport about things( she hates this Vietnamese place that I love and she went and ate with me because I was sick and needed some comfort food). Her family never sits on the floor to eat but I told her that I really missed it and she did it with me. It was our date night. We both needed a good time with kebab, stuffed grape leaves, and YOGURT (leban).

No comments:

Post a Comment