Tuesday, February 15, 2011

There is a house( more like a hotel but lets keep things quaint). In this house there lives Couch. At first glance, Couch seems like a very normal and well-adjusted little piece of furniture. She once was covered with a purple patterned throw from Bed Bath and Beyond but is now completely unhidden. She has no complexes about her rips, tears, or stains but rather she embraces them and wears them like badges of honor. She is obviously older in years and would justifiable be a little rough around the edges in manner and smell but she is not. While all seems normal and average, something is different about Couch. Couch has one of those magnetic personalities. Upon entering the house, everyone is drawn to her. Couch has a way of relieving stress in peoples lives. Her inviting manner allows friends to sit, relax, and forget all their problems. I love Couch. She has been so good to me but I am afraid that Couch and I must sever our ties at this point in time. Couch has distracted me too much from my studies. She exhaust me. Her very presence makes my eyes go heavy. I don't need comfort. I need life and energy. No more sleep when there is studying to be done. I am just going to stop spending so much time with her and just stay at school more. It is for the best.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I'm sorry things didn't work out between you two. If you need someone to talk to, I'm here for you.

    ReplyDelete