Tuesday, November 1, 2011

No more junk.

Meet Galayet Bandora.

The Rachel Ray inspired rubbish bin.

Toasting up some pita.
Finished product.

So, I have been in Amman for two months and I made my first real grocery trip to the store today. Honestly the shopping culture here is not like back home. I am use to those big trips to Costco and stalking up for the next 6 months on pantry goods but here people make nightly trips to the local corner store rather than the big French chain store. Tonight I made a visit to my local store for more than just my usual Pepsi and galaxy bar fix. Instead, I bought supplies to prepare my favorite easy food in Jordan. 

Ingredients:
Tomatoes(bandora)
Onions
Green Peppers
Chili Peppers
Eggs
Garlic
Olive Oil
and 
Wheat Pita

Best eaten with hands.

All prepared for less than 2 American dollars.


3 comments:

  1. umm recipe? Also, i miss you and am WAY jealous katie got to holy land it with you. :[

    ReplyDelete
  2. i miss you like crazy! we can holy land it up in the promised land of Provo. recipe coming soon.

    ReplyDelete