Friday, September 24, 2010

Pheonix: In the Venue

Sufie and I holding up the line for a quick picture. I love this girl.
The concert crew after the show in front of a terrifying wall mural . Sufie made us all our own Phoenix concert tees! We looked good. This concert was also Sufie's brother Henry's first live show. In my opinion, Henry did very well fitting into the In the Venue crowd.
The best drummer in the whole world! His shirt just popped on stage as did his intense eyes as they gazed into my soul.
Meet Handsome Gorgeous. I didn't get a picture that fully captured his fantasticness or one that didn't have his perfectly quaffed hair do cut out of it. He was the finest of the Frenchmen on stage.
Thomas Mars: lead vocals and the most grateful of the band members( make sure to get a good look at his boots. so great!). He was so sweet and all over the place. He climbed up on the speakers like a drunk high school girl at a garage show. He also graced the audience with an impromptu crowd surf. Henry got to tousle his hair and I got to touch his butt. It was awesome!
Phoenix was so good! They really were great performers and they were nice to look at too. I got to meet some real crazies in the crowd as well. For anyone who knows me, they know I an chit chat like nobody's business. Since it was Henry's first concert ever, I took it upon myself to get him situated in an optimal viewing spot on the venue floor. We wrestled are way pretty lose to the stage butting in front of a few obstinate people. We, however, had the pleasure of making the acquaintance of two lovely flamboyant gentlemen named Renaldo and Luke. Renaldo is currently studying at the U as an early childhood education major and Luke is just working. They were hilarious and thought that I should transfer from BYU to the U. Renaldo and I really hit it off when he told me that his great great great grandparents moved to Mexico from Medina in Saudi Arabia. They were catholics in search of a better life. i love how everything comes back to the Middle East for me. Anyways, the boys were wild dancers and Luke gave me a joyous high five at the end of the show. Unfortunately, we got separated before a number exchange could happen. Oh well, some people are just meant to stay concert friends instead of real life friends.

1 comment:

  1. I just found this... AND I LOVE YOUR BLOG!!! This was a lovely concert as well ;)

    ReplyDelete