Monday, October 4, 2010

Staying on task

I use to consider myself a pretty intelligent girl but I realize that I am not very smart at managing time. I wish I could be like those people who can just go sit anywhere quiet and get all their work done. I am more of a just-barely-passing type. This attitude will simply not do.

I always say that I am turning over a new leaf and that I will do better every new semester. Well, this is my public announcement to everyone: I might not be as fun as I use to be this semester. I am tired of just getting by. I really want to work hard and do the best I can. The reality of my upcoming study abroad in Egypt is haunting. The stakes have been raised since last year and actually making it into the program is not a sure thing even if I am a MESA student.

This is scary.

I want to do better. I remember that Sunday school lesson that advised all of us in class that a written goal is a lot more likely to be accomplished than a abstract mental goal.
This is my goal:
Get a B in Arabic(insha allah)..........A's in the rest of my classes.

thanks to my friend Garrett who has inspired me to use my school day hours wisely.




1 comment:

  1. This is me...exactly. I do this every semester. But taking a nap or watching 30 Rock is so much more tempting than reading about American slavery or Utah history.

    ReplyDelete