Saturday, December 11, 2010

Meeting Mister Heavenly

I shook Micheal Cera's hand tonight. I shook his hand and told him that his band did a really great job. He was exactly what I thought he would be like. He was a snarky prepubescent looking bass player. So, he was basically like all the characters he has ever played in film and t.v.

The general atmosphere of Kilby Court was a little agitated tonight. Everyone knew why everyone else was there. I don't think anyone really cared about the opening bands or even Mister Heavenly's music. Micheal Cera literally stole the show away from everyone. I can't help but imagine the tour bus talk after each show. I am sure all the guys sit around laughing about all the incredibly witty comments yelled at them between song transitions. "Hey, George Micheal" was my favorite for this evening. I enjoyed the musical performance of all the band members but I cannot honestly say that I went to the show for the collective group. I, like everyone else tonight, went to go see the endearing awkward George Micheal personality of Micheal Cera.

I felt sort of foolish just walking up to him and fawning over him like the others but I don't regret cutting off this crazy blonde girl telling(not politely asking) Micheal Cera that he should take a picture with her and her friends. He was sassy to her and I appreciated that. It was a good night of friends, music, and celebrity encounters.


5 comments:

  1. I love your unabashed candidness. Also, photos?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so beyond jealous. For real.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No offering of any illegal substance? C'mon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Regrettably, I did not bring a cmaera with me last night. In many ways I am glad I didn't. I can describe every detail to you guys. He wore a saggy red beanie, a flannel button-up, and cute little pants.

    Elicit drugs were not offered.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to hate him till I saw Scott Pilgrim

    ReplyDelete